Thursday, February 26, 2015

WoW Weekly: Legendary Weeks

WoW Weekly is a biweekly-ish, self-absorbed look into the things I've been doing -- or not doing -- in the game. From auctioneering and pet battling to mount farming and raiding.

Sometimes, you get lucky.

During a slow time during the end of Cataclysm, I was looking over my achievements pane in an effort to identify the legacy content I could complete solo. I noticed I hadn't completed the Hyjal and Sunwell raids, and since it was now trivial content, I decided to start there. The run would've been unremarkable, a simple going through the motions to earn the achievement, if it weren't for Thori'dal, the Star's Fury. The legendary bow dropped, amazingly, on my first Kil'jaden kill. Which turned out to be problematic because I was on my shaman and couldn't equip the bow, and thus was unable to earn the Feat of Strength.

So this past weekend, I decided to redouble my efforts to earn Thori'dal on a character who could actually equip it. I had no luck with the rogue, but that was all right---I completed the Fangs of the Father with him days prior. That left a level 90 warrior who easily cut her way through the Sunwell. Then it was time for Kil'jaden, who fell easily. The loot?

Well, sometimes you get lucky twice.

Additionally, I completed Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings the week prior, so it's been quite the legendary weeks. That leaves the Warglaives of Azzinoth as the final legendary I have yet to acquire before the list is complete.

With 6.1 fresh this week, I'm finding myself with no shortage on things to do. The quality-of-life changes to the garrison are very much welcome and I'm probably most excited for Raiding with Leashes III: Drinkin' From the Sunwell.

I know. I'm weird like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment