Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pre-Expac First Impressions

img: Blizzard
As I write this, it's not yet been 24 hours since the release of 6.0.2. Like many players, I've spent a couple of those hours tooling around with the new content, enough tooling around to have an opinion which---YAY---I get to share here!

The Event

A quest chain with vanity rewards seems to be the go-to method for Blizzard as of late. Which is fine by me. While I would definitely enjoy a more disruptive event ala the Wrath of the Lich King zombie invasion, I'm not upset about what we got. If you were left feeling like, "that's it?" Don't worry, that's not it. Word is there's a lot of new content coming soon.

Models

I main an orc shaman, and while his old face doesn't have an updated equivalent, I was able to find a new face that fit well enough. That said, some of the new models are going to take some getting used to. I'm most definitely biased, and feel that Horde are the overall winners here---some of what I've seen on the Alliance side has made me cringe. It's still early, and I can't honestly tell whether my negative reaction to certain models and faces is solely because it's new, or if there's something else going on here. 

All in all, I'd like to see more facial customization options added to the game. I can't help but feel that some of what I've seen isn't quite done. For some of the faces, that's my hope.

Stats

Wouldn't have even noticed the squish if I weren't paying attention. I operate with a pretty clean UI and thus do not have yellow numbers popping all around my screen when I fight stuff...not even dem godly critz, yo. So really, I didn't notice until I looked up at my character frame and saw 80k health. I took note of it and went about my business. Which consisted of running the new UBRS, where I felt just as powerful as I did prior to the patch.

Storage

Between the Toybox, Void Storage and the Reagants tab (the latter of which I haven't yet utilized), I freed up several dozen spaces in my bags and bank. I'm anticipating the arrival of the heirlooms tab, and would suggest Blizzard also consider a Tabard tab and perhaps a Shirt tab (thank you Brawler's Guild). The freed-up spaces soon became a necessity because...

Soloing

I've soloed much of Ulduar in the past and wanted to see if there were any noticeable differences. Soon as I stepped in and saw the legion of trash before Flame Leviathan, I decided I didn't want to be there anymore. Instead of leaving without trying a thing, I popped ghost wolf and sprinted straight towards the boss area, hundreds of mobs in tow.

I killed Flame Leviathan---sans vehicle---before all of the trash could even reach me. Well then. If I was persistent enough to go after the Ashes of Al'ar I may as well add Invincible and Mimiron's Head to the WoW Weekly list

How's the patch treating you thus far? 



No comments:

Post a Comment