Monday, January 27, 2014

WoW Weekly: Burning Out

WoW Weekly is a biweekly-ish, self-absorbed look into the things I've been doing -- or not doing -- in the game. From auctioneering and pet battling to mount farming and raiding.

I love this game. My subscription hasn't lapsed since I first purchased it all those years ago. But inevitably, there's a certain point late in an expansion's life where I grow just a bit bored. The guild's weekly raid is something I continue to look forward to, but perhaps that's even because we've got a pretty relaxed, casual thing going on. But despite my completionist leanings, there comes a time where I just don't feel like doing any of that. I'll begin to play less, oftentimes logging in just to chat with guildies and friends, not necessarily to actually do anything. If I'm ever unsure of whether it's burnout or just a spell of boredom, I simply have to look at one thing: where's my auctioneering activity at?

Really, I have the Cataclysm lull to thank for my initial trek to the gold cap. While I didn't acquire the entire million during that time, I did amass a good chunk, something that led me to continue on with the experiment since it was a goal well within reach. I've now found myself returning to the gold-making game. In truth, I've no intentions for a second race to the gold cap. This time, I may take more time away from the game.

It's been a pretty uneventful couple of weeks as a result.

Know Your Role

This is the only achievement I have left in the Quests > Pandaria tab. With no shortage of friends to kill stuff for me, it's just a matter of getting out to Townlong on the days where the quests I need are actually offered by the Shado-Pan. Then...really, I'm over Pandaria. Sure, there are still many raid-related achievements I could go after, but I've not made them a priority. I think I'll try to knock this one out in the next couple of days, then take a break to check out FFXIV, which a friend just gifted to me.

Flex Raids

The guild's regular raiders essentially have Flex Garrosh on farm; we're beginning to revisit earlier wings for new raiders and achievements with the goal to get more people through all of it. We've also switched up our schedule a bit; some may know we raid one night per week. We're continuing with that schedule, but will be dipping into Normal modes every other week. We've not yet been able to dedicate a full night to Normals, but were able to breeze through the first four bosses in under 45 minutes.

Professions IRL

Occasionally, I'll rant on Twitter about my personal situation because let's be honest: it feels good. Downsizing left me without a job last summer and I've been freelancing, piece-mealing and looking for work throughout the last six months. Late last week I came across a couple of leads that may be the best chances I've seen yet. Here's to hoping.

Mount Runs

Almost every Sunday night, our guild hosts mount runs for roughly an hour. Yogg and LK 25-H are usually staples, and if we have the time, we'll pop into Mogu'Shan Vaults for a chance at Elegon's mount. Note that we are now beginning to run MSV-25 as long as we have 10 players in decent gear and DPS who know how to push it, since the drop rate for the mount is slightly higher in that raid size. 

Recruitment

We are still recruiting people who are looking for the type of environment we are offering. Hit me up if it interests you!



No comments:

Post a Comment