Wednesday, December 3, 2014

WoW Weekly: Not Complaining

WoW Weekly is a weekly-ish, self-absorbed look into the things I've been doing -- or not doing -- in the game. From auctioneering and pet battling to mount farming and raiding.

Well, we're about three weeks into this expansion, and while I can't speak for you, I feel like I've done so much already: I've reached level 100; my character has established and upgraded his base of operations, now a damn-near-impenetrable fortress; I've showed a couple of warlords what's up; and I saw the storyline advance to where it sits after closing out Nagrand---which, I might add, featured a pretty badass climax. So much content I've gobbled up over the course of two weeks, and there's so much yet to come.

The expansion brought quite a few new features and saw tweaks to old systems---not to mention model and environment updates that bring Warcraft's visual effects more in line with modern-day graphics, even if they aren't quite there yet. It's been a significant improvement, to say the least.

Still, I look around Trade Chat, even guild chat at times, and I tend to see complaints more than I do praises for the game: how a certain class is faceroll OP, or how professions are broken, or why Blizzard didn't design X feature the way I want it to be designed. Listening to some players' laundry lists of  dislikes sometimes leaves you wondering if there's anything at all they enjoy about the game. Why they still bother logging in.

I rarely chime in when I see comments along these lines. Just smile. Slight head shake. Get back to playing. Don't get me wrong, everyone's got the right to complain, and even more so complaints are often valid. Still, when there's so much to like about Blizzard's latest content, why spend so much time complaining about the little things?

So, other than playing and wondering why people who hate this game so much still choose to play, in game I'll be:


  • Honing a strategy for garrison's 2 and 3. I've unlocked Level 2 on both my warlock enchanter/alchemist and my death knight jewelcrafter/miner. This allows me to craft my own gems and and enchants, and have mats on hand for anything I can't create myself. Additionally, I should be able to craft a ring or necklace in time for next week's raid.
  • My main character's garrison is reaching the point where resource generation is becoming less and less of a concern. Essentially, I'm waiting to tack off achievements that unlock the level 3 blueprints for my buildings. 
  • Ridding Draenor of its treasures. Frostfire Ridge, Gorgrond and Talador have been stripped bare. Spires, you're next. 
  • Raiding! Our 1-night group begins with a casual night this Thursday, after which we'll be honing and balancing for progression. This is by far my favorite element of Warcraft. 

What are you up to?




1 comment:

  1. I think you could release the most perfect game ever, with no technical issues, spot on class balance and epic encounters that leave you speechless and there would -still- be someone complaining about something! Some people are only ever happy when having a whine. Sucks to be them :)

    ReplyDelete