Tuesday, August 6, 2013

WoW Weekly: Madness!

And stay down!

WoW Weekly is a biweekly-ish, self-absorbed look into the things I've been doing -- or not doing -- in the game. From auctioneering and pet battling to mount farming and raiding.
It's Tuesday! And there's no downtime...and since I'm currently Looking-for-Work and the grass isn't menacingly tall, I'll be spending at least part of the morning in-game. Where I once again absolute do not see Ashes and debate whether or not I should figure out how to solo the encounter on my warlock. Cause then I'd have up to four chances per week. Sheesh. That's dedication madness!

Additionally, I'm hoping this week turns out to be the week where I acquire the final three Runestones I need to move onto the next part of the Legendary Chain. I've been averaging approximately one per week -- the token Runestone you're guaranteed from Lei Shen. Keeping that average in mind, three is a lot to ask, so I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: I ran the first leg while editing this post and saw TWO Runestones drop. Looks like this week's the week...madness!

In other self-centered news:

  • I spent some money and nabbed nine pets off the auction house, bringing my total uniques to 487. I've amassed 52 level 25 pets, meaning I should be in OK position for the Celestial Tournament come 5.4. If you'd like to see how that's shaping up, Liopleurodon has an excellent overview from her time spent on the PTR.
  • In a rather serious post, I issued a subtle call to whoever would listen in the WoW community to stand up in the face of other players' negative/toxic/offensive language and behavior. 
  • Yesterday Blizzard issued more information on how Virtual Connected Realms will work. From the sounds of it, the feature will be released sometime during 5.4 and will initially be targeted to a select handful of low-pop realms, dashing my dreams of 5.4 being the patch that packed the arsenal of tools I needed to finish filling a 1-night-per-week progression raid group.
  • Speaking of raiding, our 1-night group is shaping up---just need to fill a couple more slots. With key positions filled I should be able to focus on playing casually while readying Elepheagle for patch 5.4

No comments:

Post a Comment