Thursday, February 25, 2016

WoW Weekly: You Snooze, You Lose

WoW Weekly is a biweekly-ish, self-absorbed look into the things I've been doing -- or not doing -- in the game. From auctioneering and pet battling to mount farming and raiding.

Welcome to yet another edition of WoW Weekly! Happy spring y'all! At least it's looking unseasonably spring where I am right now on the western shore of Lake Michigan. It's driving the itch to get outside, and it would appear I'll have several months to enjoy the weather before Legion pulls me back inside.

Anyway, I think the big non-Russ news this week has been the revelation that garrison gold missions will be nerfed come Legion, something that very well could happen with the Legion pre-patch. It's not like the 6.2 nerf that limited the amount of gold missions a player could get across characters; according to Alpha data, this change removes the gold reward entirely and instead grants garrison resources.

If you're not utilizing your garrison for free gold, I won't go so far as to say you're doing it wrong, but I will offer that you're missing a golden opportunity.* By logging in regularly on a single character to do garrison chores, I've been able to pay for my monthly subscription and then some. The thing is, I have four characters with max level garrisons, which means after paying my subscription I'm still pulling in roughly 100,000g per month---just by logging in for 15-30 minutes per day.

Anyway. Outside of garrison chores, there are a handful of other things I've been doing since the last mega-update:

  • After servers came back online yesterday, Tarlna the Ageless, the final boss I needed to kill while wearing a bird hat, claimed a chunk of land in southern Gorgrond just waiting for me and my guildies to come along and put up a fight. Pepe now comes whenever I call
  • Our current raid schedule saw us fighting our first Mythic Hellfire boss, and we vanquished Hellfire Assault rather quickly. We were able to make some good progress on Iron Reaver as well, and I anticipate seeing a kill when we head back in this week.
  • I earned a Level 3 shipyard on my third of four max-level characters solely for the convenience of having the command table inside my garrison.
  • You know things are quiet when you can find me traipsing around the Timeless Isle for items required to complete Going to Need a Bigger Bag. I've collected roughly 75% of the items to date.
  • Yogg-Saron kills continue each week across four characters using this neat lockout-sharing trick. I am too scared to tally up the total number of attempts I've made thus far. 
  • I haven't been running much on my Ironman character---thanks, Overwatch---but I did manage to push him into the 20s so he can now legally enjoy the benefits of a ground mount.  
*Yeah, I went there.


No comments:

Post a Comment