Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Spending the Gold Cap #3: Competition for containers

What else to do once you hit gold cap, other than spend your fortune? In the Spending the Gold Cap series, I account for the money I earned as I spend it on Unclaimed Black Market Containers, and the occasional pet or mount from the auction house. There will be tears.

It's not that I haven't been trying for Unclaimed Containers since the last post three weeks ago. Believe me, I have---though my own forgetfulness will occasionally contribute to me not rechecking the auction house when I should be. However, containers have been selling for as much as 20,000g, a price that gives me pause. As you can guess, I haven't been on the winning end of many containers this month...ONE so far, to be exact.

I know. One isn't really worthy of an entire post, unless it has yielded something amazing. Well folks, I'm breaking that rule. This week's item isn't a total loss right out of the gate. So let's get right to the accounting:

Last tally: 816,267g
+ 177g¹
= 816,444g
                                        
¹ Did a small amount of questing with a friend who returned to the game.


UNCLAIMED CONTAINER

Contained: Teldrassil Sproutling
Purchase Price: 11,570g
Resale Value: ≈ 2000g

It definitely lessens the blow when you win an item that can potentially be resold. Like the pattern I won earlier, I can fortunately list this item on the auction house. When I first unboxed the item, there were none listed, so I posted mine for the high price of 5,000g. At relist, there was another going for 2,000g. As always, I'd be happy to recoup any amount of money at this point. As it currently stands, to date, I've managed to spend 1/5th of my fortune:

816,444g
- 11,570g

Total Remaining Gold: 804,874g


1 comment:

  1. The Unclaimed Containers are a risky business! But atleast you got something you can sell on *phew*

    ReplyDelete