Tuesday, April 2, 2013

WoW Weekly: All about the benjamins


I've gone fully operational.

There's a good chance if you're reading this, you've been to Feckless Leader before (but if you're new, hi!). You probably know that I've just entered the final four weeks of a challenge I set and accepted, which I affectionately call Chasing the Gold Cap. The lead-up to these final weeks has consisted of a rather high volume of posting activity. But this is WoW Weekly. On to that.

Good news is, I've finished Raiding with Leashes, which means I am done farming pets FOREVER until 5.3. Now you know where this is going...Raiding with Leashes II! We'll be sent into BC raids -- Karazhan, Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep -- to collect ten pets for the achievement which, like its predecessor, awards a pet on completion. Though I was a weekly regular in Karazhan until Attumen dropped his horse, the place has a hold on me, and I won't mind heading back in. I'm still farming Tempest Keep for the Ashes, though I haven't been to SSC since The Lurker Above.

Earlier last week, Malygos dropped the Blue Drake, which I already own. Kind of makes me think I should have a blue drake-less friend tag along for the kill. I don't believe having an extra body in the raid would cause mechanics to be more of a challenge than they are solo.

I've effectively ceased all activity on the new Isles for the time being, partly because of time restraints and partly because there's nothing of benefit I can acquire for the Main at this point. The treasure room was fun, but since I have no use for Elder Charms -- all upgrades for both main and offspec come from the Throne of Thunder or Shado-Pan -- I've no good reason to farm keys. The Alt still has a ways to go when it comes to gear, but he gets attention as time allows.

As far as the next two weeks go...it's all about the money. That's my main focus. I don't want to have to take stupid risks at the end of April just to hit the gold cap. Those of you who know me know I prefer safe bets. And in this case, that means slow and steady.

Emphasis on steady.


No comments:

Post a Comment