Monday, May 20, 2013

Lone Ranger LFG

Flight grasped, swooped to the depths, and the message was delivered: late is the hour.
Orc shaman for hire.

Turns out the leadership of the Alliance guild I faction- and server-transferred to has decided it's in the best interest of the guild that I no longer be there. While I don't believe it's in the best interest of the guild at all, it is in my best interest. I'd love to tell this tale, but now is not the time. Instead I'll dish you the morals of the story: don't be too eager about sharing your online spaces, i.e. Facebook, blog, Twitter, etc., with a new group of players. Secondly, and related to the first: if you stick your neck out, there's more of it for them to swing their axes at.

Turns out most of us have been in, or have heard a Feckless Leader story. And some folks are unaware they're in the midst of writing their very own. Been there.

Though I'm not sure what the next step is, I do feel unchained with the Main properly guildless. Would love to be amongst adults who are passionate about life as well as the game. They might raid, they might not, but they enjoy playing and having fun. They don't have invisible rules related to playtime that you're not told about but expected to follow. There's no Hotel California-esque vibe. And they don't hyperventilate easily.

Lok'tar Ogar, friends!