Wednesday, May 4, 2016

WoW Weekly: 954k and Rising

WoW Weekly is a biweekly-ish, self-absorbed look into the things I've been doing -- or not doing -- in the game. From auctioneering and pet battling to mount farming and raiding.

Not a whole lot has happened since the last WoW Weekly update, aside from my bank character's bottom line has continued to increase. This morning's assessment put me at 954,369g. I was just over 700,000g five weeks ago, meaning I've continued to bring in 50,000g per week on average.

I'm anticipating reaching the gold cap by the end of this week. I feel obligated to remind you (and my ego approves) that I hit the gold cap once before, prior to when it was easy garrisons. Nowadays, a single garrison can net you 10-15k in a week's time, meaning Warlords of Draenor has at minimum enabled players to pay for their subscription costs with gold alone.

Now that we have an official release for Legion, hand-over-fist gold-making days are numbered. We're looking to August 30th now, but I'm more interested in learning about when the pre-patch will arrive, as I have a feeling that is when we will see the nerfs to garrison gold acquisition. While I'd love the extra month or so, I'm not betting on it. I read an interesting blog post by Joar stating that it's no longer worthwhile to start a new garrison and level it all the way up, based on the cost it takes to do so and the time we have left in Warlords. Give it a read.

Other than that, I have not been playing WoW outside gold-hoarding and Ulduar runs. On to the general updates:

Speaking of Ulduar Runs: My squad of four has been expanded into a squad of six. I had a bit of trouble bringing my 91 arms warrior into the mix, but once I was able to figure the character out, Yogg fell with relative ease. Still no mount though, of course.

Heroes of the Dorm Storm: I watched a decent portion of the Heroes of the Dorm competition, and all of the Grand Finals matches. It caused a tiny voice inside me to say "Hey go play Ranked Mode!" so I've been doing that. I believe I have a few placement matches remaining before I'm assigned an official rank.

Rocket League: Two weekends ago, Rocket League was free-to-play on Steam as part of a promotion for their championships. I'd heard a lot of great things about the game, so checking it out was a no-brainer. I also absolutely love soccer. The driving style reminds me of another game I used to play years ago called Rumble Racing. Basically your car has some extra maneuverability in the form of jumping, speed boosting, and when used together, flight. I ended up buying the game when the trial ended (justified, of course, by it being on sale).

Oh yeah, Blizzcon: I'm going! This makes number five for me and my partner in crime, @thronus. And awesomely, the good @kennylogouts will be joining us, meaning a #3WiMigos reunion! We're super stoked to have been fortunate enough to land tickets once again, especially for the year marking the 10th Blizzcon and the 25th anniversary of Blizzard Entertainment. I'm banking on this being a special year. Check out my Blizzcon Noob guide for some survival tips!


No comments:

Post a Comment