Friday, March 13, 2015

Help Request: WoW API Experts

Hi.

I need some help. I'm looking to pull some specific data from the WoW API, but I'm a complete noob. Essentially, I want to take a look at all of the members of a guild and identify which achievements they are missing. The purpose of this would be to identify potential areas for scheduled small group content/events.

For the experts out there: is targeting this specific set of information possible? If so, can you point me to a WoW API 101 crash course and any other tools I might need explore more?

Much appreciated!


6 comments:

  1. Hrm.... HRM....

    I think I know what I'm developing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...if this is the case, please let me know how I can help---I have battle pets...gold...a Paypal account. I'd love to pitch in with the means I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Web API is documented at http://blizzard.github.io/api-wow-docs/#achievement-api.

      Right now I see the following things to be configured/ran
      1. A list of achievement IDs and their simple name
      2. Configuration for establishing what realm/guild to search membership for
      3. A way to window which members to query for achivements (so you don't scan alts that aren't coming
      4. A way to exclude certain sections of achievements (Arena-3s) from being the most "benefical"

      Any other features you can think of? I'm on twitter as @hasteur

      Delete
    2. Just followed you.

      I cannot think of any other features off the top of my head beyond what you have listed. I mean, I think that's basically it: just a quick glance that will show something like "Hey, these 7 people need Panda Dungeon Hero" or whatever.

      Delete
  3. While his site doesn't seem to do quite what you want, @madsushi can probably answer your questions: http://armoryplus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is essentially the element of what I'm looking for, just more "player" fields to compare against.

    ReplyDelete