Boy-oh-boy have many things happened since the last WoW Weekly update. I'm one of those folks who's still playing Warcraft, albeit less, but I find myself with goals outside of the guild's organized activities. There's that cutie up above, for one. But I'll get to that in a sec.
Last week holds the highlight of this update, when I finished the legendary quest chain on my priest, the third of my characters to have done so. The buff to legendary drops came in handy and I was able to finish what is arguably the most grueling aspect of the journey in two weeks' time. While the Gaze of the Black Prince is nice for folks playing catch-up, I don't see myself earning a fourth legendary cloak. But I also didn't see one year of Siege of Orgrimmar, so who friggin' knows at this point.
Outside of guild raids, play time has been pretty casual, and even then I've been mostly focused on playing the Auction House. In addition to goldmaking:
- Shadowmourne is mine through the grace of dedicated guildies (still) searching for Invincible's Reigns! However, I'm not quite done with my quest for Legendaries: I've got two characters sitting with the right half of the Bindings of the Windseeker, and the Fangs of the Father are on notice.
- The guild has spent approximately two hours on Heroic: Immerseus to date, with this week (hopefully) involving our next foray. Brutal, but fun, and nice to have a challenge.
- I'm leveling a monk to 80 in order to participate in a guild Herald of the Titans run. There was a rumor going around that if you simply zerged the boss dead within 6 seconds of the encounter's start, the achievement would be awarded erroneously because of faulty coding. While this may have been the case at one point in time, we went ahead and did some research and can confirm this is no longer true.
- I've pushed a massive update to my Free Battle Pets. My plan is to keep this open until Warlords of Draenor drops, and then I'm going to turn what remains into gold.
- One of our guild members won the Tusks of Mannoroth during last week's Normal raid. Lucky duck. They should rename the shoulders to Tusks of Jealous Whispers, because that's all he's been subjected to since he equipped that mantle.
What about you? How are you staving off boredom at the expansion's end?