So I'm plunking around Northrend, trying to sneak up on the last two mobs required for the Frostbitten achievement. Believe me, finding Loque'nahak is not an easy task; and once I do, I won't be able to kill the beast without incurring some nerd rage if any hunters are within earshot. I check my map, and that's when I see it: Wintergrasp. Why care about Wintergasp? The fat mammoth in the picture above is why.
Other things I'm up to:
- Grand Black War Mammoth is mine. For most decently geared level 90s, the bosses in Vault of Archavon won't cause much grief. Just burst them down and move on---the mount itself has an approximate 1% drop rate from each boss, so I was quite surprised to loot this guy during my second week in, much to the chagrin of a rival mount collector-friend of mine.
- Taking a break from pet battling---I had a good run getting into PvP, but simply got bored. I'm looking forward to patch 5.4 and the new pet battle tournament.
- Decided my warlock needs to have the Felheart set, as the Felheart Gloves were the first epic I ever received in game wayyyyy back in Vanilla when I was brought into a Molten Core run that one time. The pants and boots remain to be collected.
- Since I went through the trouble of crafting Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros, I figured I may as well try for (did someone say) Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker. I was rather shocked to see one-half of the bindings drop on the first time I brought my death knight in.
- The Thursday night raid roster is still being finalized---we have six core regulars who've been present since the beginning (July); I'm in talks with three potential recruits, which means one more player is needed to provided the bare-minimum roster of 10 players. We're really itching to spend some time in ToT before the patch drops on September 10th.
- I've chosen to turn off trade chat on all of my toons for the time being. For the sake of my own sanity. For those who stomach trade chat daily, I call on you to be part of the solution.
How 'bout you? Any particular goals you have set for yourself?