Friday, August 23, 2013

WoW Weekly: Totally Soloable

WoW Weekly is a biweekly-ish, self-absorbed look into the things I've been doing -- or not doing -- in the game. From auctioneering and pet battling to mount farming and raiding.

So I'm plunking around Northrend, trying to sneak up on the last two mobs required for the Frostbitten achievement. Believe me, finding Loque'nahak is not an easy task; and once I do, I won't be able to kill the beast without incurring some nerd rage if any hunters are within earshot. I check my map, and that's when I see it: Wintergrasp. Why care about Wintergasp? The fat mammoth in the picture above is why.

Other things I'm up to:

  • Grand Black War Mammoth is mine. For most decently geared level 90s, the bosses in Vault of Archavon won't cause much grief. Just burst them down and move on---the mount itself has an approximate 1% drop rate from each boss, so I was quite surprised to loot this guy during my second week in, much to the chagrin of a rival mount collector-friend of mine.
  • Taking a break from pet battling---I had a good run getting into PvP, but simply got bored. I'm looking forward to patch 5.4 and the new pet battle tournament.
  • Decided my warlock needs to have the Felheart set, as the Felheart Gloves were the first epic I ever received in game wayyyyy back in Vanilla when I was brought into a Molten Core run that one time. The pants and boots remain to be collected.
  • The Thursday night raid roster is still being finalized---we have six core regulars who've been present since the beginning (July); I'm in talks with three potential recruits, which means one more player is needed to provided the bare-minimum roster of 10 players. We're really itching to spend some time in ToT before the patch drops on September 10th. 
  • I've chosen to turn off trade chat on all of my toons for the time being. For the sake of my own sanity. For those who stomach trade chat daily, I call on you to be part of the solution.

How 'bout you? Any particular goals you have set for yourself?



1 comment:

  1. Grats on the mount. I haven't been up to VoA in ages but I have a feeling that one of the bosses is hiding a piece of transmog I want. With the added lure of a possible mount drop I might have to see how I go in there :)

    ReplyDelete