Friday, July 5, 2013

WoW Weekly: Extra play time

WoW Weekly is a biweekly-ish, self-absorbed look into the things I've been doing -- or not doing -- in the game. From auctioneering and pet battling to mount farming and raiding.

When I suddenly find myself with extra WoW time, my completionist-leanings tend to kick in. I browse my achievement pane, keeping an eye out for particularly fun tasks, or ones that can be completed relatively easily--most of the time. This week, I had my sights set on Terrific Trio. Given this expansion's general unfriendliness towards alts---which I admit, is getting better with each patch---I haven't spent much time on other characters. But in preparation for the Emerald Dream 1-night Raid Team's inaugural run, I thought it might be wise to have a viable tank on the side in case we needed it. And we did.

That said, anyone looking for a raid experience without the massive time commitment should contact me. We're doing Thursday nights from 7:30pm-11:00pm---earlier Pandaria raids for now until we fill up. I anticipate we'll be transitioning into Throne of Thunder within the next 2-3 weeks, and should be able to make decent progress before 5.4 drops and flex raids are introduced.

Given it's been seven months since the first WoW Weekly post, I thought I'd take a look at what's on the first "to-do list" and tally up what I've completed and what's still missing:



  • Speaking of the Eye, the Ashes of Al'ar have proven to be super, super rare. Who'da thunk it. Good news is, I can wipe the floor with Kael'thas in my sleep. So I guess let me know if you're having any trouble with that fight.
  • I haven't been to Onyxia's Lair in several weeks---and the last time was to help a friend. Regular visitors here might know that the Reins of Onyxia dropped for me not too long ago.
  • Malygos is soloable by a 474 Blood Death Knight I can now confirm. Requires perfect execution of the 1-1-2-3 sequence in phase three, and I seem to be able to manage that now most of the time. Still after that pesky Blue Drake.
  • What We've Been Training For has provided a ridiculous amount of fun. I wrote a post about one of my favorite battle pets, the Giant Bone Spider. You should consider adding one of these to your roster.
  • Every once in a while I'll run Stratholme back-to-back until I received the error message about entering too many instances. I've been casually after Deathcharger's Reins since Vanilla.
  • Once deciding my discipline spec had to look distinctly different from my shadow spec, I've set about compiling the Avatar's Raiment set.Got all of the tier pieces this week--just need the accessory pieces to round out the look.
  • I've established a personal goal for Elepheagle and the Hydraxian Waterlords: exalted by Blizzcon. Not a very lofty goal, since I'm about eight runs out, but I am really sick of Molten Core. I have the legendary two-hander and each piece of the shaman tier from that era. I just want it to be over with.

What about you? Are there mounts on this list you're after, or perhaps have already earned?



No comments:

Post a Comment