Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WoW Weekly: Weird Weeks

WoW Weekly is a biweekly-ish, self-absorbed look into the things I've been doing -- or not doing -- in the game. From auctioneering and pet battling to mount farming and raiding. 

You know those times when your intentions are pure but what you do and say doesn't come out quite right and you end up creating problems out of thin air? It's been one of those kind of half-months, which consequently has me dealing with balancing life obligations, my own mental health, and the desire (or lack thereof) to have my gaming time. Plus it's finally gotten warm and snowless in this part of Wisco, so now I've got to cut the lawn and that sort of shtuff. With regularity.

Truth is, in the midst of all things keeping me away from Azeroth, I'm experiencing what I assume other players refer to as burnout. Incredibly, this is the first time I've felt this way towards the game since I began playing in Vanilla---that says something, I think, considering I've not taken more than a month's break. So that's that, and I'm not going to go into the why's. It could be any one of a number of things, and most likely is a combination of several at this point. Since this is supposed to be about what I've been doing (or not doing) in-game---not the why's---here's a breakdown in no particular order:

• Still running Tempest's Keep. I will see the Ashes of Al'ar before my time in Azeroth has reached its end. I know, lofty goals. Also, just realized I've been spelling "Al'ar" as "A'lar" up until today. Too bad, not going back to change it.

• Occasionally encouraging Liopleurodon as she levels from 1-90 exclusively through pet battles. Crazy, I thought, but she seems to know what she's doing and also possesses a high tolerance for pain.

• Working on leveling another shaman, although this one as elemental. I'm enjoying it immensely and have already started devising plans for her once she hits 90.

• The amount of time and capital I'm investing in gold-making is so dismal it's almost a gold loss by spending time at all. That may be difficult to wrap your head around.

• I've planted only blossoming trees on the Alt's farm. Might this be his retirement from farming? We'll see.

See you in Azeroth sometime soon. Feel free to add me (Elepheagle#1877)!

No comments:

Post a Comment